Welcome to my blog!

I am a SAHM of 8 kids, 4 girls, 1 boy and 3 angel babies that I miss dearly. I never thought I'd have this many kids, but I'm loving every minute of it. We home school, don't vax, breastfeed, didn't circ, cosleep, EC and a whole bunch of other things that some people might think is pretty weird or "out there". lol It works for us.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Home Schooling Success

Brittany is quitting home school.  She isn't quitting per say, she is going to take her test for the GED and move on with her life.  When she first told me, I was disappointed and pissed, I felt like she was selling herself short.  Colleges and employers don't look at GEDs the same way they used to since home schooling has become more prevalent.  Is she really selling herself short?  So what if she wants to be a housewife for the rest of her life and raise her babies at home?  What the hell is wrong with that?  Who says that she won't be able to create some fabulous job for herself.  The girl is nothing if not creative.  I can't function as a WOHM, I have to be home with my kids or I get a little batty.  I think *I* suffer from separation anxiety. 

When I started home schooling her I wanted her to grow up to be an independent thinker and do whatever she wanted to do.  lol  I got that in SPADES!  When she told me she wanted to get her GED I thought I failed her, that I failed at home schooling her.  In reality, she is a true home schooling success.  It took a conversation with my mom (who originally was very worried about us home schooling) to see that.

As a little update, Brittany found an online high school where she could take a test and if she passed they would give her a high school diploma.  We checked them out, they are accredited.  She has already passed their test and did quite well on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment